Other than not knowing where I’m going, which doctors to see, where to get my hair cut, and which gym to join, the hardest part of being in a new city is not having any friends. If it sounds like I’m having a pity party, it’s because I am.
But seriously, with the exception of a few people, I really don’t know anyone in St. Louis. THANKFULLY, the few that I do know have been very welcoming to my husband and me. Recently, one couple invited us over to their house for dinner. It was a great opportunity for me to make some new friends, and of course, to try a new dessert!
I decided Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Pie would be a no-fail way to score myself some new friends. With homemade graham cracker crust, a layer of chocolate, and rich fluffy peanut butter filling, there was nothing not to like about
me the pie. Very little baking is required, so with some mixing and freezer-time, a beautiful and delicious dessert is born. This pie would be a great addition to a pity party…or any party, for that matter.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Pie
What You Need
For the Crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Filling
- 1 (14 ouce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping
What To Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all pie crust ingredients into a bowl. Mix until butter has combined with all ingredients, allowing everything to stick together.
- In a 9 inch round pie dish, pat pie crust into the bottom and up the sides, until the crust has been formed.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden. Let crust cool before filling.
- Combine 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Place 2 tablespoons chocolate mixture in a small resealable plastic bag for drizzle. You could also use a pastry bag.
- Spread remaining chocolate mixture evenly onto the bottom of the pie crust. Chill 10 minutes.
- Beat remaining sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, and peanut butter in a large bowl with electric mixter until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over chocolate layer. Cut the corner off bag with reserved chocolate mixture. Drizzle over pie.
- Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- Transfer from freezer to refrigerator or counter 30 to 45 minutes before serving.