As promised, I’m sharing the recipe for the Spaghetti in Garlic Sauce with Cherry Tomatoes and Lemon Marinated Chicken that I made for Wine Club last week.
My Wine Club posts get to be a bit long, and with this dish and the upcoming dessert post deserving of their own, I didn’t want them to get lost in the shuffle.
When I was planning my menu for this night, I knew I wanted an Italian main course, but I didn’t want it to be too heavy. I love pasta year-round, but a dish with lighter touches is definitely more appropriate when its 90 degrees outside. This particular recipe from Goddess of Scrumptiousness jumped out at me because of it’s abundance of fresh tomatoes and citrusy notes. Being that all the ingredients were tossed in a garlic sauce was definitely the icing on the cake.
Marinate the chicken…I let mine sit overnight in the fridge.
Sauté the chicken in a pan
Butter, flour, garlic, broth, and basil simmering for the sauce
Once the chicken has cooked, the sauce has thickened, and the pasta is al dente, toss all components together and add tomatoes
Mix it up
Toss in parsley and parmesan cheese
Serve and ENJOY!
Spaghetti in Garlic Sauce with Cherry Tomatoes and Lemon Marinated Chicken
What You Need
- 1 pound spaghetti pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 pound boneless, skinlles chicken breast, sliced into 1 inch chunks
For the chicken marinade
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped (if using dried, use half of the amount)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (to sauté the marinated chicken)
For the garlic sauce
- ½ stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped (to sprinkle/finish the pasta)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
What To Do
- For the chicken, mix all marinade ingredients together and pour over chicken. Marinate for 20 minutes, or up to 24 hours if making the dish the next day.
- Saute the marinated chicken in a splash of extra virgin olive oil until cooked (about 4-5 minutes) then set aside.
- Place sauté pan over medium heat and add butter.
- When butter is melted, add garlic and saute until garlic is fragrant and soft.
- Add the flour and cook for a minute.
- Add chicken stock and simmer gravy until thickened, about 5-10 minutes. Add the chopped basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sauteed chicken to the sauce, then toss the cooked spaghetti into the sauce.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and finish the dish with the chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese. Serve with extra parmesan on the side.
Source: Goddess of Scrumptiousness with slight adaptations