Happy New Year
Happy New Year!
I hope you had a fun weekend, and that 2012 is starting off on the right foot!
We had a low-key, but great New Year’s Eve at our friend’s party, which was conveniently located in our building.
Yesterday we hosted our annual New Year’s Day Party. And by party, I mean our friends come over and we spend the day lounging around and eating. Not only is it the first day of the year, but it’s also one of my favorite days.
Although alcohol is one of the furthest things from my mind at the moment, I have to share these Orange Slice Jello Shots that my husband and I made for Saturday night. The assembly process is a bit tedious and time-consuming, depending on how many you make, but there is no denying that it was totally worth it. And they were a hit at the party!
What You Need
- 15 oranges – adjust based on how many slices you want
- 5 boxes of Jello, any flavor
- 5 cups of Vodka
- 5 cups of water
What To Do
- Cut oranges in half. Scoop out the inside of each orange, being very careful not to create any cuts or holes in the rind.
- According to Jello directions, add 1 cup of boiling water to the Jello powder. Mix two minutes until dissolved. Add 1 cup of cold vodka, and stir.
- Pour Jello mixture into each orange half. We found that a cupcake tin works well for holding the orange cups. A pan with walls works well too.
- Refrigerate the oranges for 4-5 hours, or until firm.
- Cut each orange half into 3 or 4 slices. We cut most of ours into fourths, but thirds is a little easier. How many slices you cut per half obviously determines how many slices you end up with.