On Monday’s sometimes I wake up feeling a sense of renewal, motivation, and optimism.
And sometimes I just want to go back to bed.
Surprisingly I am feeling quite refreshed and not tired on this Monday after an amazing weekend.
And the completely gluttonous last few days have me looking forward to “detoxing” with a home-cooked meal. Not to mention the shockingly beautiful weather (with the exception of a little rain) Chicago has been experiencing really gets me in the mood for fresh, summer foods.
Recently I came across the below recipe in Health magazine and immediately ripped it out knowing this would become an instant favorite. What I love most about this recipe is that it pairs vegetables that I do not usually eat together…oh yeah and it’s insanely easy.
Artichokes, Edamame, and Asparagus Salad
Artichoke, Edamame, and Asparagus Salad
What You Need
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (I added juice from 1 whole lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts packed in water, rinsed, drained, blotted dry and quartered
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (I used Trader Joe's fresh edamame)
- 1 pound medium asparagus, tough ends removed and cut diagonally into thirds
1 oz shaved
- Parmesan cheese (about 2/3 cups)
What To Do
- Rub the inside of a large salad bowl with cut sides of garlic clove; discard garlic (I chopped the garlic and added it).
- Add oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper to bowl; whisk well. Add artichokes, tossing gently; let stand at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, place edamame in a large pot of boiling salted water; cook 2 minutes. Add asparagus; cook until asparagus and edamame are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes (skip this step if you bought fresh edamame). Rinse under cold water, drain well and blot dry with paper towels.
- Add asparagus and edamame to artichoke mixture; toss.
- Transfer to plate and arrange shaved Parmesan over each salad. Serve and enjoy!